Best Starter Telescopes for Beginners with Reviews
Telescopes come in many varieties – some of them are better suited for beginners, and others are strictly for the pros. When you’re trying to find the best telescope for beginners, there’s one main consideration you should make. Read our beginner telescope reviews to know more about it.
- Our Top Telescopes for Beginners
- What You Should Know Before Buying Your Telescope
- The TOP 8 Best Telescope for Beginners Reviews
- Orion 11043 SpaceProbe 3 Altazimuth Reflector Telescope
- Celestron 21041 60mm PowerSeeker Telescope
- Orion SpaceProbe 3 AZ Reflector Telescope & Starter Kit
- Celestron 127EQ PowerSeeker Telescope
- Orion 10022 StarMax 90mm TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope
- Meade Instruments Infinity 50mm AZ Refractor Beginner Telescope Reviews
- Gskyer Telescope, AZ70400 German Technology Astronomy Telescope
- Celestron 21061 AstroMaster 70AZ Refractor Telescope
- Which Should You Choose?
Our Top Telescopes for Beginners
|Celestron 21041 60mm PowerSeeker Telescope||Our Review|
|Orion SpaceProbe 3 AZ Reflector Telescope & Starter Kit||Our Review|
|Celestron 127EQ PowerSeeker Telescope||Our Review|
|Meade Instruments Infinity 50mm AZ Refractor Telescope||Our Review|
|Gskyer Telescope, AZ70400 German Technology Astronomy Telescope||Our Review|
|Orion 11043 SpaceProbe 3 Altazimuth Reflector Telescope||Our Review|
|Orion 10022 StarMax 90mm TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope||Our Review|
|Celestron 21061 AstroMaster 70AZ Refractor Telescope||Our Review|
What You Should Know Before Buying Your Telescope
Telescopes with larger apertures are more expensive. While they offer the best image quality, they aren’t always what a beginner needs.
When you’re looking for your first telescope, anything with a 50 millimeter or larger aperture is perfect. Pro territory starts at about 80 millimeters. If you want a larger picture of distant objects, you’ll need a larger aperture.
Something like 50 millimeters is perfect for looking at the moon, but you’ll likely want 70 millimeters or larger for checking out faraway planets.
The TOP 8 Best Telescope for Beginners Reviews
Reviews are the best place to start your journey when you’re looking for a new telescope.
Which Should You Choose?
When looking for the best telescope for beginners, what’s the most important is that you’re purchasing one that offers the features you know you’ll use at a price you can afford. There are plenty of great beginner telescopes for everyone.